Canceled Until Further Notice!
See Schedule of Special Summer Road Trip Outings Below.
Fridays from 7:00 – 8:30 PM
When invited to a practice party for the first time, people immediately say “I’m not good enough yet.” But how will you ever get better if you don’t practice? It’s in the name.
Practice parties are what we sometimes refer to as organized chaos, so here’s what to expect.
- Practice your steps in a familiar place with instructors on hand to offer help if you need it.
- Mingle with people who share your interest in dancing.
- Dance with people at different levels (including instructors) to improve your skills and help them improve theirs.
- Hear music at different tempos so that you can learn which dances go with which songs.
- Enjoy light refreshments.
All dances, all levels, all fun!
Summer Road Trip Dance Meet-Ups
Ahh, summer. A time for eating popsicles, running through sprinklers, and swinging in hammocks. The long days and high temps have us all feeling a little lazy and crazy, so we’re gonna ditch the Friday practice parties for awhile and try something a little different. In the spirit of a summer road-trip, we’ll be meeting up each week at a different local hot spot for live music and plenty of dancing! I know you won’t want to miss a thing, so here’s the lineup for the next few weeks.
Friday, July 19, 8:00 – Railgarten – 926 Stax Academy Alumni Band
Friday, July 26, 6:30 – LaFayette’s Music Room – Memphis Soul Remedy
Thursday, August 1, 6:00 – Peabody Rooftop Party – The M-80s
Sunday, August 4, 2:00 – Shrine End of Summer Dance – Special Guest Band